2019 Theme: Wetlands and Wildlife
Possible Topics Include:
- What wildlife can be found in our watershed?
- What role do wetlands play in the lives of wildlife?
- What agricultural practices benefit wildlife and wetlands?
- Why are wetlands important for wildlife and water?
- Open to all Grade 5, 6, 7 students in schools located within the South Saskatchewan River Watershed
- One entry per student
- Must be 100% hand-drawn using any medium
- The poster must be on an 8-1/2” x 11” white paper
- Students that are relatives of current and former SSRWSI employees and current SSRWSI board members are ineligible to receive the prizes
- The poster must be submitted with a separate cover sheet with the student’s name, phone number, age, school, grade, the name of the teacher
What is a Watershed?
A Watershed is an area of land that collects, stores and drains precipitation through streams, rivers, groundwater systems, and other pathways into a common body of water.
- 1st Place: $75 Outdoor Sporting Goods Gift Certificate
- 2nd Place: $50 Outdoor Sporting Goods Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place: $25 Outdoor Sporting Goods Gift Certificate
The 1st place prize winner will be entered to win a provincial grand prize of $500! Also, the winner will win $500 for their classroom!
Entry Deadline is March 29, 2019
For more information: